How often in life we forget to be grateful for what we have, until we have the occasion to imagine our life without.
This weekend Jason and I attended a wonderful memorial service, yet heartbreaking all the same. A friend from college lost her little boy when he was only 15 months old. Our friend and her husband are two of the most hardworking and selfless people we have ever met, and they usually live life with their 4 boys (and now 1 girl!) in a constant state of humor. Now, as they face their days without their little Evan, they have been a great example of trying to be grateful for the little time that they had without focusing on the unfairness of it all. It is incredibly sobering to realize that this kind of unfortunate accident could happen at any time without any warning. Even at the funeral services, it was Bridget who was giving the best advice, "Go home and give your little girl an extra hug tonight." While we continue to pray for their family, I also have a renewed perspective on mine - it really doesn't matter that Avery spilled her juice all over the newly mopped kitchen floor, does it?
If you need a little perspective today, http://bridgetjohns.blogspot.com/
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. What a deep reflection on life and how important each moment is. Thank you for sharing this.
Hey Wendy, I just saw your blog on Mo's, and thought I would check you out. After reading your post, I looked at this family's blog, and cried for like an hour. What a tragic accident. It does make you re-evaluate your own life. Wow. Avery is really really cute! It looks like you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment