Friday, April 17, 2009

A Visit from Pickle!

Last weekend my college roommate came to visit - Kimmi Ruth! We lived together for 2 years in a little house on Mason street in Bellingham. I had some of the best times of my life at Camp Mason! From staying up late to perfecting No Bake Cookies to pulling pranks on friends, I am still baffled by how we got any studying done. Of course, at the time, I always felt stressed about classes, exams, internships, and "responsibilities". If only I'd known... I'm sure in 20 years I will look back on the present time and think the same thing. :)

Kimmi (would prefer to go by Kim) and I get together too rarely now, but when she comes around it is like old times - chatting, making cookies, etc. Of course, now Avery likes to join in on the fun as well. She LOVED Kimmi. Avery nicknamed her Pickle - I am not sure where she got that from. Jason had Friday off, so we went on a little hike, went out to eat, watched a movie, and enjoyed hanging out. Avery was so excited for Pickle to sleep over. She is still talking about Kim - yesterday I pointed to something yellow and said, "Look Avery, there's your favorite color." Her response? "Yeah, Pickle painted her office that color 'cause she liked it too." It's amazing the pieces of information that a 2 year old will remember from a weekend of chatting!

7 comments:

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

My best college buddy was named Kim too! We lived together for 2 years as well. Kims are the best! Three cheers for Kims!!

Cabbages said...

A really nice photo of you gals!

Lynnae said...

What a fun visit!

Darci said...

How fun! I love that Avery gave her a nickname and loved hanging out with her too. I'm not just being a copy cat here . . . one of my closest friends from college is named Kimi. Funny!

Bridget said...

I'm glad you and Pickle could get together. I love the nick name!

Kim Lamborn said...

Huzzah! I made it onto the Pynn's blog. Pickle out.

teage-and-erin said...

How fun! Kim is so amazing....