Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's a Boy!

Yep, that's right. We had our "half-way" ultrasound done earlier this week, and the results were conclusive - we're having a boy! I had been suspecting this news, but Jason thought for sure we were having another girl. He was very excited by this unexpected surprise. Everything else in the check-up looked great as well. We are grateful that our little guy is growing strong and healthy. However, this "little" boy is in the 75th percentile for size!! In comparison, Avery was in the 10-15%. So, as with every part of this pregnancy, this time around has been very different.

Avery has finally figured out that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy. Once we were able to tell her that she is having a baby brother, she has been telling everyone else as well. She even pointed out to the cashier at Costco where her baby brother will sit in the cart. We have no doubt that she will be a great big sister.
And I continue to grow larger by the minute... hello maternity clothes!



9 comments:

Woodrich Family said...

Congratulations! You look great!!

Monique said...

You look so cute! I like that shirt you have :) And you look so small! Congrats on having a boy! I can't imagine you with a big baby. Boys are just bigger. I'm glad everything looks good with the ultrasound. You're half way there!

Home of the Muddy Kids said...

Yea! A boy baby!! I am so excited for you. You are so stinking tiny! Are you sure you don't want to do that 5K in August? (o:

Alyssa said...

Congratulations! That's fun to have one of each! I bet Avery will be a GREAT big sister!

Bridget said...

Congratulations!

Darci said...

Yippee! Having a boy and a girl is so much fun. Just think . . . you won't have to comb out the tangles in his hair or have tons of hair accessories on hand for each outfit. It is a fun change.

Emily K. said...

Boys are crazy, fun, and lots of work, but you will love it!! Am I missing something, or do you still not look pregnant to me? I was huge when I was that far along!

The Pachuilo Family said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. I tell ya boys are a lot of fun.
And you look so tiny, are you sure you are growing by the min., because it sure doesn't look like it.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations, you guys!