If these 4 walls could talk, they would tell you of...
40 days filled with lying in bed
over 77 hours spent on the phone with loved ones
too many hours spent with mindless TV
and a steady stream of visitors who may never realize how
much they are appreciated (THANK YOU!)
If these 4 walls could talk, they would tell you of...
a range of emotions from shock, disbelief, resentment, relief,
gratitude, and joy
a loving husband and (usually) happy daughter who came every evening
the reassuring sound of a heart rate monitor for our little baby boy
and a countdown chart with slowly earned stars
If these 4 walls could talk, they would tell you of...
the same 12 meal choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner -
every day, for 40 days.
having to eat more, more and more food; to the point of feeling ill
nasty protein shakes and too many hard-boiled eggs
and a special treat drawer for all those foods I do love
If these 4 walls could talk, they would tell you of...
the unusually sunny summer streaming through the windows
certain nurses who became my good friends
the blessed feeling which grew every day that our baby stayed put
and the joy on my face when I was told I was being released (July 4th).
This Independence Day has a whole new meaning this year! I am thankful for the great care that I received in the hospital, but I am oh-so-happy to be home again. We have made it to 34 weeks! We have had an ultrasound done each week, and every time the results look great. Our little guy should weigh about 5 pounds at this point, and we realize how blessed we are that we have made it this far. While this is a huge relief, we are hoping that he stays put for another 3 weeks (at that point he would be considered full term). Which means that I am still on bedrest (ugh) for another 2-3 weeks. Luckily, I get to try and do that at home now. We are grateful for all of the help, support, and thoughts from you! Thank you!
9 comments:
Wendy - we are so relieved that you get to be home! Congratulations. Lorien was born at 34 weeks, so I feel much better for you now. We will keep you and your son in our prayers! Thanks for the update.
I am SO, SO glad you get to go home finally! I wish I had been able to see you before we moved. I am just so glad he hasn't come yet! Way to stick it out, girl!
Yay Wendy! What a fantastic 4th of July for you! I'm so happy the baby is doing well and you get to be home in your own house and in your own bed! 3 more weeks - we'll keep in our prayers!
YEAH FOR HOME!!! Oh my goodness Wendy, i don't know how you did it. You are an inspiration girl! I am so thankful that you and baby boy are doing great!
I'm so glad you're home! You sure did make that hospital room "homey" though. I liked it! I'm sad I haven't been able to visit more, but know that you're being thought about a ton! You've done a great job keeping that baby in...keep it up a little longer. You're almost there!
I've been thinking of you and will visit at your new and improved location soon. It is wonderful that you could come home on such a special holiday. You are such a strong woman to endure that 40 days so well.
I'm so glad that you are home. I am so, so happy that your sweet baby is still inside you. What a well written post about all you have been through. Great job on your pics too. One of these days, we're going to need to do more photo taking together again. :)
Somehow I missed this post, and unless I've missed something else recently--yeah for being at 36 weeks! I'm so glad you've got to go home and that you've had such great support these last two months! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your healthy little boy!
Where are the photos of Owen! We are dying here (both from the heat, and new baby withdrawal. Congrats from your Costco family!
Post a Comment