On May 26th, we celebrated a new "recognition day" around our place. It was Freedom Day. Last year, this was the day that we were told our little baby was going to be born premature. I was sent to the hospital to finish out whatever time I could before the baby came. It was a very hard 6 weeks in the hospital. But this year, we celebrated a different story. I am free: free to walk where I want, free to pick up my kids, free to smell fresh air. It certainly gives perspective for those who are not as fortunate. Most of all, we are free to love our little boy who was born happy and completely healthy. For that, we are incredibly grateful!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
seriously what an amazing blessing you had. Owen is adorable and that dessert looks yummy. We miss living by you guys so much and can't wait to come back to the ridge hopefully April. Lets get together
Freedom is an amazing gift and so is your little Owen. Your dessert looks awfully tasty too!
Post a Comment