Thursday, April 7, 2011

... And Soon There Will Be Three!!


Yep! It's true. We are highly anticipating the arrival of our new baby girl this June! Soon these little shoes will be filled with chubby, squishy toes.

Each of our pregnancies have been very different, including this one. With Avery, there were no problems at all. Not even a touch of nausea. I could work full time, go to kickboxing, and landscape our entire front yard. Owen's arrival... well, I was told no exercise from the beginning, and once I hit 28 weeks I was laying in a hospital bed for 40 days. This time around, our doctors have been taking every precaution. Things have gone smoothly so far, but I've felt very high-maintenance. Lots of extra appts and ultrasounds, weekly injections, and careful supervision. And, of course, the dreaded protein intake.

Luckily, we have just entered the final trimester, and everything is looking great! Our little girl is "too small" but that is what we were told with our last two as well. I wish they felt small when they were born! She is still growing proportionately. Her head, arms and legs are all measuring fine, but her waistline is little (that is something that we do not have in common these days!). At our last ultrasound, the doctor couldn't get over how much hair she has on her head. He commented at least 3 times on this fact. :)

We are all very excited. Avery was literally praying for the baby to be a girl. She was pleased with Heavenly Father's decision. Owen is pretty oblivious to any upcoming changes. All he knows is that I won't pick him up as much as I used to. While I am glad that we still have 10 more weeks to get settled (and choose a name!), we are certainly looking forward to meeting our new little girl!


Here is an ultrasound of baby girl (taken at 16 weeks).



And me, taken to mark the beginning of the last trimester (28 weeks). Thanks to my photographer, Avery! ;)

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

So glad things are going well! You're so cute a teeny!

Coleman Family said...

Congratulations!!! She's going to be just as beautiful as her older sister! :)

Bridget said...

You look perfectly tiny. Tomorrow I'm 28 weeks ... maybe I'll take a 28 week photo. I hope all continues to go well with the pregnancy.

Cabbages said...

It is so unfair that you look great when Avery takes your picture... I wasn't so lucky. :D

SO fun to talk to you the other day!!! Will call back soon with info...

Danae said...

You look so cute! It *is* hard to come up with a name, isn't it? Wishing you smooth sailing for the rest of this pregnancy!

Darci said...

Good heavens! You can't be 28 weeks. I'm only 15 and am MUCH bigger than you missy! :) I remember the same thing happening about five years ago though. I'm glad baby #3 has treated you well. We must get together soon.

The Siple Family said...

Congratulations!
you look amazing.

Stephanie said...

I agree with the concensus here - you do look fantastic. Congratulations I hope you stay on your feet for the last few weeks!