Thursday, June 9, 2011

Oh, The Things They Say...

I realize that I have become horrible at posting during the past 6 months. And there have been many times that I thought, "That is too funny. I need to write that down." So, here is my quick documentation...

Owen has been our "late bloomer" in the talking department. He jabbers like crazy, but didn't really begin to use words until about 3 months ago - and he's almost 2 years old! He is now at the stage where he will say something and then repeat, repeat, repeat until you acknowledge his observation. His favorite item to point out? Basketball hoops. As we drive through a neighborhood, he MUST point out each and every basketball hoop with "BALL! Ball! Momma, BALL!" At which point, I MUST acknowledge the hoop of which he speaks... and our new neighborhood is filled with basketball hoops.




Avery, on the other hand, has continued to add to her lengthy vocabulary. Some of her favorite phrases? "Speaking of which..." "Well, now that you mention it...." and "You gotta be kidding me!" The other day, Owen was getting into something that he was not supposed to be playing with. Avery, very authoritatively exclaimed, "Dude! That is totally unexpectable (unacceptable)!"

And last week, Avery wanted to go outside to play on Grandma's play set. She finds it boring to play out there by herself, so she wanted Owen to come with her. However, Owen seems to have no awareness that if he is 5 feet up in the air, he should not lean out and hang over the top of the slide. So, he is not allowed out there without supervision. When I explained to Avery that Owen could not go out without me or Daddy to watch him, her reply was "But Mom, I'm pretty much an adult." While I admit she often seems to be 4 years old, going on 13... that is still not adult status. :)

2 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Avery sounds like a crack up! My kids use big words too and it's especially funny when they use them in front of people that don't know them and they always look shocked! And Owen is such a little honey...sometimes I wish mine jabbered a bit more before speaking! :)So excited to see your new bundle!

Darci said...

I love it! Avery is hilarious with her little (adult like) phrases. I hope things are coming along with the baby and house.