It has become a tradition for me to run in the annual Turkey Trot. I've done it each year (when I'm not pregnant) since we moved to the area. This year, I convinced Jason that he should run it also. He agreed, reluctantly at first, and I went online to print off a training schedule for him and myself. My goal was just to finish with a reasonable time. I just thought it would be fun to run together.
The morning of the race was chilly but dry. Jason's Mom came over to watch the race and hang out with the kids while we were running. Avery wanted to run the kids 1K, but she wanted Jason and I to both run with her. Owen didn't want to be left behind, so Jason ended up carrying him for the whole kid run. This was a great warm-up for our 5K. :)
It was nice to have someone to run with. Jason thought his first 5K was "a worthwhile dose of real exercise". He agreed that he may do another 5K with me in the future, but he's not interested in the 1/2 marathon that I plan to do again this summer.
After the race, we went and picked up donuts for the whole family and went home to drink hot chocolate. It was a fun family outing.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are one dedicated woman! I love that it was a family affair. You look great as always! Now I need to get my running on and get my rear in shape! :)
YES!!!! I love this. Also, and I know I have said this before, but I want in on the half marathon. Send me your training schedule. :)
Post a Comment