A few years ago, Avery and I invited over a few friends to make Gingerbread Houses together. We used to do a Gingerbread House Day when I taught 1st grade, and it is one of my favorite memories. And the fact that we love candy and frosting around this house, makes the tradition a continuing favorite. We didn't do our annual house building party last year (having just sold our house, teaching preschool, and being pregnant), so we were so excited to have a few people over again this year!
The gingerbread houses were actually made out of graham crackers, but it's not about the house anyways, right? I made 18 houses the night before, and then a bunch of friends showed up, with candy in hand, to decorate! It was a little crazy, but very fun. Including all the moms, siblings, and participants, we had at least 30 people here to party with. We watched some Rudolph, decorated our homes, and taste-tested a lot of treats. We had a few friends who couldn't make it due to conflicting Kindergarten schedules or preschool parties... I am sad to think that next year our schedules will become even trickier. So glad that we could make the time for happy little memories like this!
Thursday, December 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment