Avery has had this pretty princess kite that she received for her birthday last fall. She has been anxiously awaiting to try it out. One day last week it was not only sunny outside, but it was also a very windy day. So we headed down to one of the neighborhood parks to have a little fun. Avery and Owen tried to fly the kite at first, and then they had fun running from the kite while I tried to make it sail. The lesson learned? You can't fly a kite on just any windy day... Too little wind = it doesn't take off. Too much wind = a broken kite. Our kite met the latter fate. But it was fun while it lasted!
| Owen and Addie ready to go (Did I mention that it was NOT a warm day?) |
| Avery and Owen ready to dodge the kite as it sails towards them. |
It was so windy, in fact, that as I was playing with the kids I suddenly heard Addie crying loudly. When I turned around, the DOUBLE jogging stroller that she was strapped into had been knocked upside down by the wind!! She was suspended in her seat. Good thing she was securely buckled up. I did not take the time to get a picture of that. Luckily, no one was hurt and she recovered quickly.
| Little Addie sound asleep... after the whole ordeal. |
No comments:
Post a Comment