For the most part, Owen and Addie are best buds. That doesn't mean that they don't argue or deliberately bug each other at times, but it is always short lived and they are quick to pick up like nothing happened. This year at school they have been able to have the same recess schedule. While they don't always play together, I know that each of them has appreciated having the other as "an option" and quiet support on the playground.
Tonight, while I was making dinner, they were busying themselves with a made up game. I wasn't really sure what was going on, until I heard them run through the kitchen, out the back door, and Owen was yelling, "Quick! Grab your parachute!" That's right, they had used their imaginations to build a world where they were on a plane that was crashing into the ground, and they had parachutes (fashioned out of school backpacks and beach towels) to save themselves. They needed the trampoline to provide the "flight" through the air...Occasionally Owen would yell, "NOW! and the jumping, or rather "free fall", would begin.
I just love little kids' imaginations...and the friendship of siblings. :)
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment