Thursday, August 31, 2017

A New Year is Beginning!

This is it! The last year that all three kiddos will be at the same school! We had a fantastic summer vacation, but the school bell is ringing and we are ready to go back. :)

Avery is most excited about being the oldest on campus. They are doing things a little different this year for 5th graders, and the students are switching classes for Lit, Math, and Science. That makes her feel like it's "practically middle school". I, on the other hand, am super grateful that we've got one more year of elementary for her!

Owen is staring 2nd grade. We have heard fantastic things about his teacher, so I am really hoping he loves school this year. He wasn't so excited last year...he would rather stay home and "learn in his jammies". But he is looking forward to seeing what's up with a new class. And it's always fun to see his quiet side come out like it does at school - because we see a very different side of him at home usually. ;)

It's 1st grade for Addie! I can't believe that my youngest is now the same age that I used to teach! She seems so little still. Addison loves school and can't wait to get back at it! She is also over-the-moon happy because her bff, Katie, is in her class this year. We'll see how that turns out... hopefully they can keep the chatting to a minimum. She loved her Kindergarten teacher so much, her new teacher has a lot to live up to... Addie was also very opinionated when it came to her first day outfit! She saw this shirt in the store and "just had to have it". I love how fitting it is.

We are so lucky to have awesome teachers at our neighborhood school. Grateful for all the time, energy, and thought that they put into my kiddos. It's fun to go in and volunteer, and now that I'm subbing, I get to spend quite a bit of time at the school. I will miss the slower pace and outdoor fun of the summertime, but life can't be all fun and games, right? Can't wait for another great year!!


Meet the Teacher Day
Meet the Teacher Day


Meet the Teacher Day - checking the class list

Meet the Teacher - Avery wouldn't let me "walk her to class" on the real first day. :)


Avery and her friends comparing summertime muscles. LOL!
First Day Back!

This is Owen's goodbye. "Bye, Mom."

And Addie tried to hold it together...but started bawling and I had to extricate my arm from her grasp so that I could leave. I was sheepishly the last parent to leave the room. Oh man, I was one of those! 
We were all happy and bursting to share by that afternoon.

We enjoyed chatting about their day with some caramel chocolate chip cookies Successful day!

No comments: