A few weekends ago, Avery had her first official sleepover. Her cousin Delaynie came over on Friday morning and stayed until Sunday afternoon. Delaynie and Avery are about 8 months apart in age, and they don't get to see each other more than once a month or so, but they can be the best of friends. Avery was so excited that she couldn't wait to get out of bed on Friday morning. And the lack of sleep didn't end there! They slept in the same room, and there was bundles of giggling, singing, and chatting going on... and not much sleeping. We tried to keep them busy with swimming, going to parks, coloring, movies at Grandma's - but the best part for me was that they entertained each other so well! Maybe 2 kids can be easier than 1. :) I actually cooked a whole meal without any help. And there were no arguments the entire weekend! We all had a fun time.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so, so cute! It is very true though that having two is WAY easier than having one. I relish the play time that means I can get things done--alone! You will love it!
so cute. How fun for Avery to have a sleepover. I think it will be a few years for us, besides how you get her to stay in her room all night not to mention bed is crazy. I tell you it is easier with 2. Maddie and Trey are playing really well together now that he is a little older minus the fact that he takes all her toys or its the other way around. Either way its great, I can't wait to find out what your having. I am saying a boy...
Oh my! That last picture is so sweet. I can't believe they didn't squabble at all the whole weekend. It is true that two is easier, but of course that won't be the case right away. Hey, just being honest.
I still haven't let Samantha do a sleepover. Am I a bad mom? I just don't want to deal with the nighttime issues. You're brave! I'm glad Avery had such a fun time. They are so cute together!
Cute, cute Avery. I love that sweet girl.
Post a Comment