As a very early birthday gift, Jason and I agreed that I could get a new camera. I have been wanting to buy a camera that was more than simple point-and-shoot, but my lack of knowledge (ok- complete ignorance) of photography has always put it low on the list of wishes. However, I decided that this is one thing that I would love to learn more about. After ordering the camera, there was great anticipation waiting for its arrival. When the camera came... I realized I was in way over my head! Luckily, I know this awesome gal Becky who showed me a few tricks. I am definitely a novice (or maybe even a step below - if there is such a thing), but I have enjoyed playing around and trying new things.

These photos I took to try out the difference of the lenses. The first photo is all the way zoomed out (can you see the mountain in the background?), and the next pic is as close as I could get with the longer lens.


The moon last night was amazingly bright.
It was so sunny today, that we went to the park! As Avery hates to get her picture taken, I used the long lens (Thanks for the idea Becky) and it worked great! She had no idea I was taking her picture. I love having an image of something besides the back of her head. :)

(Avery pouting on a rock.)
11 comments:
How exciting! Keep working at it. You've got something here.
Great job girl. That is awesome to get a new camera how fun. You did a good job with the pictures.
luv ya
So cool! You'll be so glad you have it!
YEAH WENDY! I am so excited for you and jealous too. I am amazed my the clarity of Mount Si in the photo from your house. The photos of Avery are wonderful. I hope to have a new fancy camera of my own soon.
Congrats on the new camera! Now you and Heidi both have one and I'm feeling a little left out:( I'll just have to admire yours until I get lucky enough to get my own. Great pictures! You'll get the hang of it quickly. Looks like you already are. Have fun taking lots of fun pics of cute Avery.
So fun! You are doing great with the pictures. Kinda makes me want a fancier camera now. Avery is darling!
I found your blog through other people in the ward, I added you to our list and if you wanted to add us it's pachuilos.blogspot.com
Beautiful pictures of Avery! I love the second one the very best.
Wendy, you have got me so excited about this photography stuff now--I am impressed with pics already! Thanks for sharing.
I love new cameras!!!! Great job Wendy!
Hey girl that second pic of A at the park sitting on the green thing is really great! Nice job!
Post a Comment