Monday, February 23, 2009

Our Mysterious Weekend in Langley

Who done it??
This weekend we joined our Super Sleuthin' friends Jauna and Patrick for the Mystery Weekend on Whidbey Island. The whole town of Langley gets into character and they create a mock crime that must be solved. They go all out - newspaper articles, coroner reports, people dressed up in character, and "actual" crime scenes. We wandered from store to store and collected clues to try and solve the crime. We had a lot of fun: spending time with friends, riding the ferry, eating at The DogHouse, and a little crime solving on the side. Turns out we didn't guess the correct culprit - it was Bunny R. Fuzz - I KNEW I should have gone with my gut!!

Avery loved the ferry ride. She was perplexed as to how our car would fit on the boat - until we got there. She loved the fact that the water was "moving out of the way" for our boat.


Can you tell it was a little cold?


The crime scene...


Some of the possible suspects.


Jauna and Patrick's little girl, Emily. What a cutie!


They had these great wood carvings.


This carved bench was impressive!


It was a fun and adventurous day by the water.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

This looks so fun! Does Langley put it on every year?

Monique said...

That looks fun! I had no idea they did that. We should try that out sometime. Did you stay overnight or just a day trip? Glad you had a good weekend!

Woodrich Family said...

What a fun weekend! That bench really did look impressive.

Darci said...

How fun is that! I didn't know a whole town did fun things like that anymore. Cute pictures.

Emily K. said...

We've been wanting to take our kids on a ferry ride, knowing they would love it. Maybe that will be our next adventure. Looks like fun!

Stephanie said...

I didn't know you were expecting! Congratulations, you guys. That is fabulous news. Oh, and I am a huge fan of Whidbey Island. I miss the ocean! Glad you had fun.

Jared and Paige said...

I never caught up with you about this. What an awesome idea. Yes, I too want to know when they are next hosting this event.

Jason and Wendy Pynn said...

This was a great weekend! I believe that Langley does this Mystery Weekend once a year, during the month of February. We just went over for the day (Saturday), but if you really get caught up in it you could stay longer. It was a little trickier with kids (harder to focus), but we had a great time simply enjoying the town.

Coleman Family said...

Congratulations on the new baby!!! Whoohoo! If it looks anything like Avery it will be BEAUTIFUL! And that mystery day looks like so much fun!

The Siple Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! Your family dose such exciting things. What a great place to do something like that. What a fun town!