One of the days I miss most about teaching First Grade at Maple Hills is the Gingerbread House Day. As we taught a unit on shelters, we linked (very loosely, I admit) this fun project to our Social Studies curriculum. This year I realized that Avery would probably enjoy the project just as much as I do.
So, one bright, sunny winter morning, we invited over a bunch of friends to decorate gingerbread houses with us. We had a house full of kids and adults, and it was a ton of fun! Christmas movies playing in the living room, frosting and candy piled high in the kitchen. We actually had to take turns decorating in shifts. A little crazy, but we all ended up with some pretty cute houses. We're totally doing this again next year! We did take the easy way out and used graham crackers instead of gingerbread... but who actually eats the houses anyways?
No comments:
Post a Comment