Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Turkey Trot 2009
Yep! I was crazy enough to do this "trot" again. Although it didn't feel much like a trot... My goal was simply to beat my time from last year. After being on bedrest for 3 months this summer (and being told "no exercise" at all since basically last year's trot), I thought my goal was pretty daring. By the first mile marker, I was already thinking to myself, "Am I crazy? Why do I do this?" Anyways, I was so happy to finish, red-faced and panting. It felt much harder than last year! Maybe that's because I ran faster though - 27:45 minute finish! I had beat my personal goal by 3 1/2 minutes. My next goal: a half-marathon in 6 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You go girl! That is awesome! I hope to be by your side in six months, not laying in a ditch passed out! That may be the case...You're my inspiration!
Wow that's impressive! I'm assuming it was a 5k? Hmm, if only we lived closer I may join you on that half marathon challenge! The most I've done is 5 miles and I'm not so sure about any longer!
You're going to run a half marathon? I've been thinking about training for one as well. When are you doing yours?
This was a 5K, so the 1/2 marathon does sound a little more daunting.
You should totally do it Kimmi! I am running the Rock N' Roll Seattle Marathon at the end of June. You can still sign up... :)
You are amazing and so determined. Before the half marathon, look in to feet-saving preparations. I did not and will soon loose a toe nail. Yuck!
I have ran nine full marathons, four or five half marathons and who knows how many little races and I still think, "why am I doing this, why am I doing this to myself?" LOL! I don't think that thought will ever go away!
Post a Comment