Usually we would have enjoyed quite a bit of snow by this point in the year, but it has been such a strange winter so far. Besides one light dusting last month, we haven't seen any of this white commodity! Avery has been waiting to make a snow angel, and I don't know that it will happen this year at our place. So we got together with our great friends the Hadleys for a little Snow Adventure. Avery and Madelyn love playing together, but haven't had a chance to see each other for a few months. They were the best of friends again. Madelyn was so kind to Avery - she pulled her around almost all afternoon!
We had orginally planned on going snowboarding (the adults, not the kids), but due to a few recent complications, we had to postpone that plan. Even though Jason's still suffering from an unexplainable neck pain, he was able to suck it up and go down one short hill with Owen for his first time on a sled. So it turned out to be a fun family outing.
We had a great time sledding down the hills, laughing at the kids, and filling up with warm cocoa at the end of the day. What a perfect winter afternoon!
5 comments:
I could watch that video over and over again. I still am laughing thinking about how the girls could not manage to get up on top of the hill. We had such a great time with you guys. Let's plan something again soon. See you soon. luv ya lots
So much fun!!!! You guys always know how to have a great time!! Hope to see you soon!
Fun! We've been meaning to do that too. We went in November, but Santa brought new sleds, so we need to try them out. I have a feeling we'll be snowless this winter!!! Avery looked so cute in that video :)
I am glad that you found a fun place to sled. It looks like you had a great time!
We miss the snow too and even made sure to have all the gear ahead of time. How fun to go sledding! I'm sorry to hear about Jason's neck. Has he seen a chiropractor? Hey, when are we getting together?
Post a Comment