Anyway, about a month ago one of my great friends Darci came up with a fabulous idea. It was called a Favorite Things Swap! (Is a certain song from the Sound of Music now ringing in your ears?) The idea was similar to a chain letter, but way more fun. Basically I stuffed a package with 5 of my favorite things (one of them being homemade) and mailed it off to a gal in Utah. Then, a few days later, a package came for me from Nebraska! It was from Darci's big sis Alison, and it was stuffed with 5 of her favorite things. And, lucky for me, she has great taste! :)
As I excitedly opened my gift, I discovered cute handmade greeting cards, tasty cinnamon bears (which Jason opened immediately), a beautiful homemade pendant necklace, a "keeping it together book (which I can definitely use), and a cool Camel waterbottle - perfect for all this marathon preparation! Thanks Alison! What a great idea!
6 comments:
Looks like we all got a kick out of the Favorite Things swap. I still have some chocolate left...but not for long. I loved reading your blog.
YEAH!!! I am so sorry I forgot to send a note on WHY those items are my favorite things. But...they are and I am so glad you like them! I LOVE that water bottle!!! Enjoy and make sure Jason shares those bears with you!
Fun! I want to play!!
That water bottle is my favorite also!
What a great idea! You sure scored! Those cinnamon bears look so yum!!!
Alison does have great taste doesn't she. I love the stuff she sent. Thanks for playing, Wen. Let's get together soon.
Post a Comment