In early August, we went for a weekend at the beach with the fabulous Baumchen family. This trip has been discussed for years, and finally this year we made it happen. We stayed at this fun little cottage on Whidbey Island. It had plenty of space inside, and it was literally across the drive from the water. We had an awesome view of the ferries coming in and out. There was sand, surf, but no sun! Of course, the weekend that we went was one of the rainy ones. Good thing we had a nice little cozy place to stay.
We had a great time playing at the beach, venturing around the island, and just visiting. We stayed up late playing games and chatting (well, at least the girls did). The kids had fun sleeping in the loft and playing with all the sand toys. On Saturday, it was a miserably wet day. So, someone had the idea of going to visit the old military camp Fort Casey. Now, while this may sound fun to some, after years of being drug through this and many, many other similar military/historical/fort-ish sites, I was unenthused. The kids loved it though! They ran through all the dark, dank holes and had a wonderful time. And I love the fact that it actually made for some great pictures! I guess even cold, gray cement can be exciting when you're there with friends. :)
It was a really great weekend! Riding the ferries, running in the rain, and eating plenty of desserts... we were all sad when it was time to leave. We'll just have to do it again!



5 comments:
That sounds like a fun trip despite the rain. The photos look great!
Fun! I love that house! What a great way to spend a soggy day on the beach. Glad you had a fun weekend!
P.S. I love the pictures. Especially the B&W picture at the end. What a great photographer you are!
I'm so glad we finally made our get-away happen this year. Hanging out with an old dear friend is always a special treat.
Hey, what is wrong with my neck in that picture - of course you posted it! :)
What a great trip! It's nice to have friends with kids to go on little trips with!
Post a Comment