Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch

What would Autumn be without a trip to the Pumpkin Patch?

In mid-October, we had the chance to go to a local pumpkin patch with Avery's preschool group. While it wasn't the most beautiful weather that week, we lucked out with a fairly clear, crisp morning. The kids were very excited and couldn't wait to find the perfect pumpkin. They rode in wheelbarrows, ran through the patch, and checked out virtually every pumpkin there. I had Owen in the backpack almost the entire time. I didn't want to deal with him running around. Turns out, he LOVED riding in the wheelbarrow! Had I known that, I would have lightened my load and put him in there a lot earlier in the trip.

After we selected our pumpkins, the kids checked out a few animals and had a blast running through the hay maze. The bales of straw were old, wet and mildewy on the inside, but I think Avery ran through that stinky maze for 40 minutes. Hours later, as Jason was sitting near her on the couch, he couldn't figure out what smelled so funny. Turns out, it was the sweater she still had on. Aaawwwww, the joy of Fall!















3 comments:

Alea said...

The picture of you with Owen in the pack is so cute!! I love the pumpkin patch! What a fun preschool outing Wendy!

Danae said...

Great pictures! I find the backpack gets awfully heavy after a while! But anything to keep the kiddos from running away...

Darci said...

You did luck out to go on such a beautiful day. I love the picture of you and Owen. The pumpkin patch is a great tradition.