Monday, October 4, 2010

They're supposed to roll!

A year ago, I found this awesome deal at a garage sale. Barbie Rollerblades for $1!! Really, how can you beat that? Of course, I had to buy them for Avery. I've waited all year for her to be able to try them out, and finally realized that our window of opportunity was slipping away. Fall is here! So a few week ago, after dinner one night, we headed outside for our first rollerblading lesson.

Helmet? Check. Knee pads? Check. Elbow pads? Check. Roller blades? Check. It was quite the production. Avery was all excited... until she began to roll. Although I was holding her hand the entire time, she did not like the feeling of rolling. I tried to tell her that was the fun part of the sport! She was content to walk in her rollerblades, but rolling was out of her comfort zone! She was so stressed we couldn't get her to look up for even one picture. Even though her initial assessment was that rollerblading was too hard, she did decide that she was willing to try it again a few nights later. And, I am happy to report, she did much better the second time around. :) She relaxed enough that she actually had fun. Too bad I don't have any pictures of that! I'm so glad she liked it.




3 comments:

Alea said...

Sweet! Love your roller blades Wendy! What fun!!

Darci said...

Nice garage sale find! I have roller blades, but they're collecting dust in the garage. Hmmm. I'm glad you two are better about using yours.

Jared and Paige said...

Okay, here's another night when I really do need to go to bed. :) I just haven't checked blogs in so long. So long, in fact, that I hadn't seen my boys in the picture in the pool on here. (Sigh.) Time to get back with this blogging stuff. I've missed some fun stories and good pictures from you while I've been away.