Welcome to the World to our sweet little girl, Addison Hope Pynn.
Addison was born on Sunday, June 19th. Funny enough, this year that was also Father's Day. She is the best little gift that Jason has ever (and probably will ever) receive on this special holiday.
With this pregnancy, they continued to tell us that she was too small. Along with this concern, and the fact that Owen tried to come early, I had a lot of extra appts. By the end, we were going to 2 non-stress tests, 1 ultrasound, and 1 OB appt every week! When they told me that they wouldn't let us go past my due date, I was not too disappointed - that is a lot of scheduling with 2 older kids around.
We were set to be induced on Sunday, but when I called on Saturday afternoon to find out what time to show up, they informed me that there was no hope to get in on my scheduled day. They told us to plan on Monday or maybe even Tuesday. So, Jason and I stayed up until almost 1 AM since we figured the next day would be full of sitting around. After Avery waking up with a nightmare at 3 AM, I went back to sleep about 4 AM. My cell phone rang 45 mins later to say that my induction was scheduled for 6 AM, but that they wouldn't have room. There were at least 2 other women still ahead of me, so just wait for further instructions. (Why did they have to call to tell me this?) Since I was already awake, I got up to use the bathroom. As I am drifting off to sleep 5 mins later, I say to Jason, "Those other 2 ladies better be quick." And 30 seconds later the phone rings: "Never mind, we do have room. Please be here by 6:00." It is now 5 AM. I jumped out of bed to shower and Jason ran around getting things set up for our two older kids... we were not prepared to be gone. No clothes set out, no breakfast ready, etc. Luckily, we were staying with my parents, so the kids were able to stay asleep.
When we got to the hospital, they took us into our room. After an hour of paperwork, they asked if I had eaten. I hadn't (because they told me not to eat with Owen's pregnancy), but I guess I was supposed to this time. So, they ordered up some food... and then we waited an hour for it to come. Finally, around 9 AM they started the pitocin and broke my water. By 10:30 I was having strong enough contractions that they gave me my epidural. Things were progressing fairly normal. Two hours later, I was feeling a lot of pressure, and it didn't feel like the epidural was working anymore. The nurse checked and surprisingly agreed - "You are right! Uh, hold on. We'll call the doctor. Don't push." Every few minutes they would come to give me an update on the Doctor's whereabouts - "She's just getting off the freeway." "She's in the garage." "She's just getting off the elevator." Once the doctor got there, we pushed for about 20 minutes. And then she arrived!
Addison Hope was born at 1:35 PM. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces - our biggest baby! She was 19 1/4 inches long and had beautiful dark hair. She is also the most mellow baby we have had by far! She loves to cuddle, usually only cries when she needs something, and tolerates a lot of love from an older brother and sister. Owen loves to give her hugs and kisses, and he is always very concerned when she cries. Avery loves to hold her and tries to calm her by talking and talking to her.
Addison is such a "well-behaved" little baby with a sweet personality. We love her so much!
Addison was born on Sunday, June 19th. Funny enough, this year that was also Father's Day. She is the best little gift that Jason has ever (and probably will ever) receive on this special holiday.
With this pregnancy, they continued to tell us that she was too small. Along with this concern, and the fact that Owen tried to come early, I had a lot of extra appts. By the end, we were going to 2 non-stress tests, 1 ultrasound, and 1 OB appt every week! When they told me that they wouldn't let us go past my due date, I was not too disappointed - that is a lot of scheduling with 2 older kids around.
We were set to be induced on Sunday, but when I called on Saturday afternoon to find out what time to show up, they informed me that there was no hope to get in on my scheduled day. They told us to plan on Monday or maybe even Tuesday. So, Jason and I stayed up until almost 1 AM since we figured the next day would be full of sitting around. After Avery waking up with a nightmare at 3 AM, I went back to sleep about 4 AM. My cell phone rang 45 mins later to say that my induction was scheduled for 6 AM, but that they wouldn't have room. There were at least 2 other women still ahead of me, so just wait for further instructions. (Why did they have to call to tell me this?) Since I was already awake, I got up to use the bathroom. As I am drifting off to sleep 5 mins later, I say to Jason, "Those other 2 ladies better be quick." And 30 seconds later the phone rings: "Never mind, we do have room. Please be here by 6:00." It is now 5 AM. I jumped out of bed to shower and Jason ran around getting things set up for our two older kids... we were not prepared to be gone. No clothes set out, no breakfast ready, etc. Luckily, we were staying with my parents, so the kids were able to stay asleep.
When we got to the hospital, they took us into our room. After an hour of paperwork, they asked if I had eaten. I hadn't (because they told me not to eat with Owen's pregnancy), but I guess I was supposed to this time. So, they ordered up some food... and then we waited an hour for it to come. Finally, around 9 AM they started the pitocin and broke my water. By 10:30 I was having strong enough contractions that they gave me my epidural. Things were progressing fairly normal. Two hours later, I was feeling a lot of pressure, and it didn't feel like the epidural was working anymore. The nurse checked and surprisingly agreed - "You are right! Uh, hold on. We'll call the doctor. Don't push." Every few minutes they would come to give me an update on the Doctor's whereabouts - "She's just getting off the freeway." "She's in the garage." "She's just getting off the elevator." Once the doctor got there, we pushed for about 20 minutes. And then she arrived!
Addison Hope was born at 1:35 PM. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces - our biggest baby! She was 19 1/4 inches long and had beautiful dark hair. She is also the most mellow baby we have had by far! She loves to cuddle, usually only cries when she needs something, and tolerates a lot of love from an older brother and sister. Owen loves to give her hugs and kisses, and he is always very concerned when she cries. Avery loves to hold her and tries to calm her by talking and talking to her.
Addison is such a "well-behaved" little baby with a sweet personality. We love her so much!
During the ultrasounds, they could never get a clear picture of her face -
because her hands were always in the way!
Her first bath.
Avery and Owen meeting their little sister.
Owen was happy to be with his family. He loved Addison right away. When it was time for him to go home, he climbed up to give the baby a kiss and said, "Bye bye, Baby."
Avery kept a close eye on what the nurses were doing to her baby sister.
Addison (1 day old) - wearing the hat I made for her
All ready to go home
Our traditional stop at DQ on our way home from the hospital
Baby Addison: her first night at home.
6 comments:
Oh, that's so sweet. She is darling, and your DQ tradition is awesome. Maybe I would have had more kids.....
So cute! Congratulations!
Congrats! She's a cutie!
Congratulations! You deserve a mellow baby...well everyone does. I happened to get one, too. We'll see how long it lasts. My first was mellow, too...for about a year or so.
LOVE the DQ! That is awesome. Congratulations on another beautiful baby!
You definitely have small babies, woman! :) I'm glad she is being so good for you. Addison is one lucky and adorable little girl.
Post a Comment