Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Preschooler

The new year has begun! Avery loves everything about her preschool (although she wishes that she could ride a schoolbus). This is the first time that she has gone to a "classroom" setting, rather than an in-home environment. She has 4 other kids in class that she already knows which makes the whole thing a little less scary.

*Side note: I have struggled with the decision about whether to send Avery to Kindergarten this year or hold her out another year. I have worried about this decision for over 5 years - ever since I found out her due date of August 29th(had she been born on her due date she could have gone to Kindergarten). She missed the cut-off by 5 days. I'm sure everyone close to me is tired of hearing me list the pros and cons over and over again. In the end, it came down to the fact that because her birthday was 5 days after the deadline, they wouldn't let her in (unless she could basically test out of Kindergarten). It is a relief to just be settled.

I'm glad that she is having such a fun time at school this year. She loves to learn, draw and color, remember crazy amounts of details, and pretend play. The part she is most looking forward to about preschool is meeting more friends.

First day of preschool:














What a fun day!!!






Avery with her friends, Emily (and a dancing Lucy).




3 comments:

Danae said...

How exciting! It is hard to make those kinds of decisions as a parent, but it looks like she's excited to go to preschool!

Emily K. said...

Tay's birthday is August 25th. And, although, technically, she could go, we held her back. And, I have never ever been sorry. Might as well give your kids an advantage when you have the choice.

Darci said...

Avery would have done great in either scenario, but what a relief to have the decision made. She is so cute!