Thursday, February 12, 2009

Embracing

A great man once told us: First, you abhor it. Then, you tolerate it. Finally, you embrace it.

While I wouldn't say that we ever "abhorred" the Princess scene, we certainly did not encourage it. However, as all little kids, Avery had a mind of her own. After being introduced to dress-up shoes (see earlier post), she has fallen in love with Princess Dress-Up clothes. While we have tolerated this fascination, we did not have anything of the sort at our house. Now... we are embracing it. I finally gave in and, not only brought in Avery's first piece of dress-up, but made it!! My neighbor, Megan, was making a tutu for her little girl Emily, and she very kindly invited us over to join them. The girls were so pleased with their pretty "princess skirts." Avery loves to put on her tutu and dance with Daddy in the living room. We even took it over to my parents' house so she could play in their Princess castle while wearing her special skirt.








5 comments:

Beck's Photo Blog said...

Love it! Hear ya on the princess thing too-we tried to discourage babies, but she drags the ugliest one around. Go figure!

Danae said...

Avery is a little cutie! Isn't it funny how many of the things we think about how we are going to parent end up being thrown out the window? I swore I would NEVER let my kids watch Barney (he is SO annoying!) but we went through a small Barney-watching phase. Oh well. Life goes on.

The Siple Family said...

Sounds like a fun filled day! Avery is darling in her new mommy made skirt. She is lucky to have such a good mom.

manders said...

I am so happy that I can take credit for introducing Avery to the princess world. Aren't you glad you have such a great neighbor and friend? You have to admit she looks adorable and the girls have so much fun. luv ya

Darci said...

Go Avery! I felt the same about the whole deal, but finally accepted my fate. It gets easier to bare and more fun as time goes on. But, at first it is all a little much - I agree. Great job on the skirt. I think we have a new project!