We had tried to prepare Avery for the fact that she would be sharing her room when the new baby came. We didn't realize how seriously she took this responsibility until that first night home from the hospital. She was happily climbing up the stairs to bed, calling for Owen, when I told her, "Now you realize that Owen will sleep in Mommy and Daddy's room for awhile, right?" Oh, the look of disappointment on her face.
So, you can imagine her elation when the big night finally arrived. They have actually done really well. Owen is usually sleeping for 10 hours straight at night, and on the off nights that he wakes up crying, Avery is good about going back to sleep. I had told her that if Owen cried a lot, then we might have to put him back in our room. So, each time that I have had to go in at 4 AM to take Owen out, Avery has sat up in bed, "Mommy? He did a pretty good job, huh? Let's try again tonight." As long as there is sleeping going on, I'm game for anything!
(Don't worry - these were staged photos. Owen does sleep in his own crib.) :)
We did have to redecorate a bit. Although Owen wouldn't realize that the brown and pink flowers covering the walls were not boyish, I knew it. Avery has now had 2 rooms specially decorated for her; I just didn't feel right about not making Owen's first room special for him. And what could be more cool than a Hawaiian/Surfboard decor?
9 comments:
They are super cute. That Owen reminds me of Peter with the enormously chubby cheeks. I love the weight the oldest child bears on their shoulders. It is so fun to watch as they get older.
Gorgeous family you guys!
Your kids are so cute together! Avery is such a good big sister; you must be so proud. :o)
Owen is soooo adorable I love his little chunks he is too cute. Wow you already have re-done the room and it looks fabulous. You are way creative. Great job girl
Okay, your vision is amazing! I love what you decided to do in their room. I'm bowing to you, oh-talented-one!
I'm glad Owen is sleeping well enough that you can do this! Lucky girl! And, the room is adorable, like all the rooms you do:) Very cute and very "Wendy" like. Love it!
10 hours? Did you just say 10 hours? You must feel like Superwoman!! I told Jake today, that I can't wait for the day when I wake up in the morning, and I'm not completely, utterly exhausted. The bedroom is beautiful!! What a special bond siblings have.
How sweet! That Avery is just adorable! Are those trees fabric starched on?
Thanks!
Yep, the trees are cut from fabric, and then we liquid starched them up there. Simple, quick, and waayyyyyyyy cheaper than using wall stickers.
Wow! 10 hours! What an angel baby! That room is so darling, and the pictures of them in Owen's crib, tooooo stinkin' cute. What honeys you have for kids you two!
Post a Comment