Monday, October 6, 2008

Dinner Games

Avery has a new game that she loves to play at the dinner table...
You know those kids at the school lunch table who are always the last one left eating? We already know that this will be Avery in a few years. She loves to just sit and chat, with an occasional bite of food in between. And with everyone sitting in such close proximity around the same table, she has the undivided attention of the other eaters. So her new game is "Are you a (fill in the blank)?"
It goes something like this:
Avery: Mommy, are you an apple? Are you a plate? Are you a crayon? And then we are suppose to ask her questions. Usually we appease her and play along. As her favorite words seems to be "no" right now, I figure it is a harmless way for her to use up 30-40 of her daily "no" responses in a 10 minute period. However, with Jason gone on a business trip this weekend, the game grew a little tiring as the only other participant!


Here was one of our rounds last night (she has already been the questioner, and now it was my turn):

Me: Avery, are you a pumpkin?
Avery: No (emphatically shaking her head no and giggling)
Me: Are you a crayon?
Avery: No
Me: Are you a bumblebee?
Avery: No
Me: Are you a bear?
Avery: No (But "Raawwwwww"ed anyway)
Me: Are you a flower?
Avery: No
Me: Are you a princess?
Avery: (began to shake her head no, but then you could see the wheels begin to turn and a huge grin slowly spread across her face) "YES!"


3 comments:

Darci said...

Avery is such a cutie! That game sounds fun and dangerously exausting at the same time. =)

Monique said...

So cute! I hope everything is going ok with Jason gone. Anymore nights like the "eagle scout" night??? Glad you two could come to the party! It was a little crazy, but fun. And, by the way...I cried like a baby when I checked out your friend's blog, about her little boy. I'd like to just blame it on the hormones raging through me right now. Good excuse, huh? That really is so sad. Glad you and Jason could be there to support her and the family. Hope everything is going great! Avery is one cute little girl!

Alyssa said...

What a cute girl! I can see how that would get old fast though. I tagged you on my blog by the way--play if you'd like