We had a fantastic Halloween night this year! Of course, the elements seemed aware of the occasion because it began with a sheer downpour of rain...
Halloween has never been a huge holiday around our house. However, when we made the decision to move to our new neighborhood this year, this particular night was a symbol for one of the reasons we moved to this area. It was so nice to be able to walk on lit sidewalks from door to door and pass by other families all dressed up. Avery wasn't really sure what to do when she got to the first house. However, after watching her cousins Tate and Delaynie, she timidly approached the first door. As they put the candy in her bag, her eyes got huge! She turned to me in wonder and said "Let's go to another house Mommy." And there was no stopping her. At each door, she would pause long enough to throw a "thank you" over her shoulder, and then say, "Let's go to another house!" She was so sad when we told her we were done. Luckily, we headed to a smashing Halloween party afterwards, and the fun (& treats) continued!
Avery and Daddy approaching the first house.
Avery carried her bag open at ALL TIMES! You never know where the candy may fall from!

Oh... the choices!!
6 comments:
I love your costumes! Delanynie's costume is the same one Samantha chose, then only wore once. Cute! I'm glad you guys had such a great night. And your pumpkin carving skills are excellent. Great owl!
What?? After you nearly killed yourself on the way to the outlet malls, Jason was no longer wanting to be a stick in the mud?? Jeez, that's gratitude for ya!! :D Umm... was he a barbed wire fence?
That's funny. When we were looking at houses I would make comments like, this would be a great trick-or-treating neighborhood or this bannister would be perfect for my christmas lights!
Cute costumes, I love all the lady bugs this year! My guess is a barbed wire fence too.
You all looked great! So creative Jason. I love how Avery caught on to the fun of Halloween so quickly.
Avery's costume is adorable. It's great when they figure out how to get the candy. And then it's devastating when they realize it's only for one night. :)
I had seen Avery's sweet costume but it was fun to see yours and Jasons as well. What a cute family. I also loved getting to know you even better by reading your tagged post. You know I don't do much dairy, but Tillamook medium cheddar is also something that I can't imagine life without.
Post a Comment