Saturday, November 22, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes...

So, there have been three instances this week that demonstrate just how funny a little girl can be!

Situation 1: (Avery was drinking her nightly cup of milk and Jas and I were sitting with her in the living room.)
Avery: You are just too cute Daddy!

Situation 2: (We were getting ready to eat dinner, and Avery had been carrying a Capri Sun around for at least 20 minutes. When we finally sat down at the table, she asked me to put the straw in the Capri Sun for her. As I poked the straw through and handed it back to her...)
Avery: You're a genius Momma! :)

Situation 3: (During the election this year, there has been debate in our home. Not over who to vote for, but over the amount of political tv that was on. I thought it was WAY too much; Jason said he rarely ever watched it... As CNN was on in the background a few nights ago, Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama were shown on the screen...)
Avery: Look, it's that Ba-rock O-bomma!
(We couldn't believe it! How in the world did she know who he was? We even asked her to repeat herself a few times. She was confused by our amazement. So, how much CNN TV has been on in our house? I leave that decision up to you!

3 comments:

Monique said...

Very funny! Where does she come up with these things?! And, what two year old knows about Ba-rock?? Silly girl!!!

Darci said...

You have got to be kidding! I am so amazed by your little smarty pants. And - you are a genius!

Danae said...

We watch the news in the evening a couple nights a week, and usually while we are doing dishes. So I was amazed one day that Emma asked if we were voting for John McCain or Obama. Whoa! She was paying attention!