On Saturday, I participated in my first-ever official run! It was a 5K, so it wasn't too intimidating, and all the proceeds went to the local schools. We had a beautiful fall morning for the run. My friend and neighbor, Paige, was a great sport and agreed to do it with me. She is a seasoned runner and has done these events before. She was a radiant running partner!! We had great rhythm and chatted the whole way. Almost 600 people ran, and it was easy to get caught up in the flow of pounding feet. We came in 8th place for our age group, and finished in 31:10 minutes. While our goal had simply been to finish and have a good run, we were also pleased with our time. Jas and Avery came to meet me at the finish line, and then we headed to the Pancake Feed that followed. It was exhilarating! Now I've been bitten by the bug... I loved it!

We'll have to do it again Paige!!
5 comments:
YEAH WENDY! I'm so impressed that you came in 8th place. Good thing I didn't go with you. I would have been a walker since I'm so out of shape. Beautiful weather added to the great experience I'm sure.
Ooooh, I love to do races!! I've never done a 5K, but have done plenty of 10K's, and half marathons. I was gonna do the Seattle Half this month, but copped out, because I had no one to run it with me. Everyone was pregnant!! Now I know that you're a runner, I will have to recruit you. . . The first race really does hook you doesn't it? I love it!!
Way to go! I'm afraid I only going running while the no bake cookies set up on the counter at Camp Mason. Boy, it's been such a long time. I'm gonna be like you when I grow up!!
Hey! I didn't know you were doing a run! That's awesome! I would love to do one sometime, but I'd definately want to start with a 5K. I can run, but I wouldn't consider myself a "runner" at this piont. Maybe someday! Good work! I'm proud of you!
I LOVE the new look to your blog! Oh, and the photo you took of Mt. Si before your race is amazing. I miss seeing that mountain every day.
Post a Comment