Ah well, it was the motivation that mattered most.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The Infamous Bridge
When I was on hospital bed rest for 6 weeks, I spent quite a bit of time staring out my window. Luckily, I had a pretty good view. On one of the many, many sunny summer days, I noticed this steady stream of people walking over a bridge outside my window. Starting around 11 AM, there were constantly business people walking back and forth. I was always so envious of them - out in the sunshine, smelling fresh air, just walking. This phenomenon would continue until around 2 PM,and then it would dissipate. I would always wonder where they were going. What was on the other side? So, one of my "15 Things to Do When I am No Longer Pregnant" goals became walking across this bridge. On one of the last days of Jason's paternity leave, we loaded up the car and drove to the bridge. As I walked across it, staring at my old window, I did have a certain sense of accomplishment and freedom. However, I was overwhelmed with the amount of context I hadn't accounted for. It was sunny as I had anticipated, but it was almost too hot - I was sweating! And it wasn't too peaceful either - as I walked on this narrow sidewalk with the cars driving next to me and my children. And it was far from quiet - with I-405 traffic barreling underneath my bridge it was so loud I couldn't even hold a conversation.
Ah well, it was the motivation that mattered most.
A walk to remember
Ah well, it was the motivation that mattered most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So where was everyone going?
Oh, the memories that are now behind you, finally!
It's good that you did it though. By the way, what WAS on the other side???
Post a Comment