Do the Puyallup!
So, every year I head to the fair... at least once. This year I went twice. The first trip was for the sole purpose of buying a Super Dizzy Pass and riding on as many rides, as many times as you can! My kind, generous fried Alea agreed to go with me. She left her sweet little girl at home (for her first day away since birth) and came to get dizzy. Jason was kind enough to take a vacation day from work, and he had the joy of staying home with both kids (Owen was about 6 weeks at this point). Don't feel too bad for him though, the fact that it means he doesn't have to go on any rides with me - he would be willing to do just about anything. :)
Alea and I had a great time! We went on a bunch of rides, ate cotton candy and roasted corn, wandered through some booths, and went on a few more rides. The best part of the day was watching Alea worry and fret as we stood in line to enter, and then state, "That wasn't too bad - kind of fun actually" as we exited the ride. Thanks for coming Alea! I'm already counting down the days 'til next year!
(All these pics are stolen off Alea's blog - in all the excitement for the rides, I failed to remember my camera.)
So, every year I head to the fair... at least once. This year I went twice. The first trip was for the sole purpose of buying a Super Dizzy Pass and riding on as many rides, as many times as you can! My kind, generous fried Alea agreed to go with me. She left her sweet little girl at home (for her first day away since birth) and came to get dizzy. Jason was kind enough to take a vacation day from work, and he had the joy of staying home with both kids (Owen was about 6 weeks at this point). Don't feel too bad for him though, the fact that it means he doesn't have to go on any rides with me - he would be willing to do just about anything. :)
Alea and I had a great time! We went on a bunch of rides, ate cotton candy and roasted corn, wandered through some booths, and went on a few more rides. The best part of the day was watching Alea worry and fret as we stood in line to enter, and then state, "That wasn't too bad - kind of fun actually" as we exited the ride. Thanks for coming Alea! I'm already counting down the days 'til next year!
(All these pics are stolen off Alea's blog - in all the excitement for the rides, I failed to remember my camera.)

As it was already raining when we got there, we thought,
"Why not go on the water roller coaster first?"
Alea trying to get psyched for the upcoming ride. I don't think that asking the ride operator how often the bolts get checked really helped her feel any better. Don't let her fool you - she went on every ride out there.
Look at all that fun just waiting to be had!
(Yes, this picture was taken upside down on the Inverter ride).
Going through the not-so-scary Haunted House ride.
This is the Zipper ride. You can't see it's ominous behavior in the still picture. But envision the main vertical arm spinning clockwise, and all of the individual cars spinning in the opposite direction. All that holds you in your seat is a lap pad. I have to go on this ride every year because it is the one and only ride that I have ever had to get off (I was crying so hard when I was 8 years old that the ride operator stopped the ride - my sister made me get on in the first place). Now I have to go just to prove to myself that I can do it each year.



1 comment:
You crack me up! The warning on the Zipper ride is awfully SCARY - which is why I have yet to ride that one or any other death trap. =) I love the excitement on your face in the photos.
Post a Comment