Monday, November 2, 2009

Trick or Treat

While there are a lot of things I don't enjoy about Halloween, having kids has reminded me of how much there is to like about the holiday! And the costumes and candy are my favorites. :) Avery was so excited this year. It took her 2 months to decide what she wanted to dress up like. Her ideas ranged from a ballerina to a bat to a goblin. Finally, she decided on a butterfly. Owen, who obviously has no say, was destined to be a monkey from the moment he was born. We had a great time trick or treating at grandparents' houses first, and then we headed to my sister's neighborhood to fill up Avery's pumpkin. She had a great time running from house to house with her cousins Tate and Delaynie. While she was a little timid at the first 2 houses (whispering "Trick or Treat" and hiding behind me), once she warmed up, there was no holding her back. She was weaving around other groups and barreling up the doorsteps. Avery was sad when we told her that she had come to the last house of the evening. Good times!

The Butterfly!




Avery and Delyanie loading up after about 10 houses. Delaynie wanted to go home and Avery couldn't get enough.



Owen's first Trick or Treat.

Uncle Rob dressed up as a Castle.

Cousin Tate was a Knight in Shining Armor


Avery on the run to the next house.

All that candy. Looks like she'll need some help eating it. :)



Owen wasn't really too impressed... "Really Mom? A tail?"



Owen and Daddy relaxing.

Avery trying to share the magic with Owen.



What a happy little monkey!

This was awesome sunset light in my Mother-in-Law's backyard.

Happy Autumn!

6 comments:

Alea said...

So cute!! Cami was a monkey, too :) In fact, I was going to bring my monkey trick-or-treating to your house, but she fell asleep in the car, and I felt bad for her, so I didn't wake her up and we just went home. Hope you had a good weekend, Wendy!

Alea said...

p.s. Wow, that was a really long sentence!

manders said...

looks like you guys had a great time, way cute costumes. That is how maddie was last year couldn't decide forever. This year it has been Strawberry Shortcake since June. We miss you guys soooo much. Let's get together very soon seriously...

Coleman Family said...

Those costumes were awesome! Loved the knight outfit, you go girl! And Avery was the cutest butterfly I've ever seen. I really didn't like Halloween until I had kids old enough to enjoy it, in fact this was the first year we took the kids trick-or-treating house to house. We usually just do the trunk or treat, but this year it ended so early the kids weren't done having fun, so we took them to a friend's neighborhood that has houses really close together.
And that monkey! I just want to give little Owen a squeeze!

Monique said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween! Avery looks adorable. Samantha actually has that same costume, from last year. Owen makes a very good monkey! So cute!

Darci said...

Cute halloween kiddos!
I hope you're exercising more self control and not eating all of your kids candy like I am. I should just throw it all out!